2 April 2020
. As per the Ministerio de Sanidad, the infection and death tolls are slightly slowing down.
. The ship Galicia is now assisting Melilla’s hospital by providing 8 extra Intensive Care beds.
Announcements and new measures:
. (B.O.E. 2nd April 2020): New regulations in terms of services: Ministerio de Transportes y Movilidad – Mantenimiento de vehículos ferroviarios.
. The European Commission is coordinating a common European response to the outbreak of COVID-19:
President Ursula von der Leyen has proposed a comprehensive set of measures that will:
- Ensure the adequate supply of protective equipment and medical supplies across Europe;
- Cushion the blow for people’s livelihoods and the economy by applying full flexibility of EU fiscal rules;
- Set up a EUR 37 billion Coronavirus Response Investment Initiative to provide liquidity to small businesses and the health care sector.
- Provide a coherent set of guidelines to Member States on border measures to protect citizens’ health while allowing the free flow of essential goods
- Restrict temporarily non-essential travel to the European Union
Further information on COVID-19: https://www.camara.es/sistema-cameral-ante-crisis-coronavirus